Is your textbook on Reserve?
Reserve materials are faculty-selected items that are expected to have heavy use by students in the class.
Textbooks for use in the library are located in the Course Reserve Collection at the Circulation Desk across from the entrance to the library. Not all textbooks are in the library’s Course Reserve collection. Only those textbooks placed on Course Reserve by instructors and departments will be in the collection.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your textbook is on Reserve. . .
To use the textbooks from the library Course Reserve Collection:
• Students must have a valid EdPass with current quarter sticker to check out textbooks on Course Reserve.
• A limit of 2 textbooks can be checked out. Most textbooks can only be checked out for 2 hours at a time and must be used only on the third floor of the library.
To request a textbook from the Course Reserve Collection:
1. Give the Circulation staff the exact title of the textbook, course name and number, and the instructor’s name. (example: Literature for Composition, English 102, instructor: Moore)
2. If you don’t have exact title and course name and number, refer to your syllabus or check the Course Reserve collection in the library catalog for exact title and the course name and number.
3. For more help locating a copy of your textbook, please see the Reference staff.
If your textbook is not on Reserve. . .
The Reference staff can help locate your textbook by searching other libraries. Make sure you have the exact title and edition you need. You can also check the resources listed below on your own.
Wayfinder Multiple Libraries Catalog
Current Edmonds CC students may check out books from other community college libraries in the area. You will need to have a valid current EdPass and contact the libraries directly to borrow their books.
Some public libraries may have books being used as texts in classes. You will need to have a valid public library card and contact the libraries directly to borrow their books.
For more help, try these sites:
College Bookstore Textbooks Look-up Service
Find the name or cost of your textbooks using the bookstore online textbook look-up service.
College Bookstore Textbook Information
Get answers to your questions about textbook purchases, refunds and in-store buyback.
Online EdCC Used Book Exchange
This is where students can post their unwanted books to sell, trade, or give away.
Student Used Textbook Bulletin Board
Purchase and sell used textbooks from other Edmonds CC students by posting advertisements on the Edmonds
CC student bulletin board, located across from the Triton Espresso in Mont Lake Terrace Hall and inside the
cafeteria on the first floor of Brier Hall.
Learning Support Center
Located in Mukilteo Hall, Room 113 and the Diversity Student Center, Brier Hall Room 240 also have
some used textbooks available for students. Students should check with each center for further information.