Annual Reports can often be found on the company's web site. However, you can also find reports and more indepth company and industry information in other sources. A great place to start is in the library database:
Hoover's Online gives you access to the latest company, business and marketing information, including company profiles and financials, market and industry news. Use the box to the right to help you access and search Hoover's.
• ABI Trade and Industry has reports and other company information. Like Hoover's, it is a library database. If you are accessing from off campus, you will need to log in. Once you are on the main screen, follow these steps:
• AnnualReports.com. Thousands of free annual reports
• EDGAR. Electronic version of reports filed by foreign and domestic corporations with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission from 1994 through the present.
• Yahoo! Finance. Free company profiles.
Once you are in Hoover's Online, follow these steps:
• On the main screen, type in your company's name. Click on Search.
• Find and click on your company on the Results List (it should be the first or second one)
• Once you are on the company's page, look at the left side and you will see the type of information available on Starbucks. Click on any of the headings for more.
• For financial information, click on Financial Data. Here you will find the company's Income Statement Balance Sheets, Cash Flow, and Market Data. Near the bottom you'll find a useful table with Industry Comparison and financials for top competitors.
• There are other useful features in this database. For example, look for the Company Record Tools box. You can download the data or build a custom report by selecting all or parts of the report. You can also print the page and/or email the full report to yourself.
Library Reference Desk: 425.640.1472 | Chat online: Ask-a-Librarian