Not sure what to research for your Digital Artifact Project? Try these techniques for coming up with an interesting topic:
- Browse the Table of Contents of an ebook (see box above) or your textbook
- Search Google for 19th century "united states" and a topic/theme of interest to you like politics, women, sports, discoveries, etc.
- Example: 19th century "united states" inventions
- Click on an article titled "Inventions and Discoveries" - browse for ideas like: the Telegraph, the Typewriter
- Browse the Primary Source sites linked on this page
- Pick a date and look at the cover of a newspaper on that date - what was going on in history that would make a good topic?
- Look at letters or other personal correspondence from a specific period - what was important to people? How did big events (wars, politics, technological advancements) affect individual lives?
- Read the suggested articles on this page for more ideas
- Reach out! Email Haley at email@example.com