Current Edmonds CC students, faculty and staff can access these databases from off-campus with proper identification.
1. Go to the Edmonds CC Library website
2. Under Library Resources, click on the Books, eBooks, Articles & Films link and search alphabetically or by subject for the database you wish to use (ProQuest, etc.)
3. A login page will appear asking for your student ID number and your Canvas password. Faculty and Staff - Please login using your campus credentials (firstname.lastname/password; please note that some faculty and staff may have a network username that's 8 characters long, typically first initial and 7 characters of their last name).
If you are a current Edmonds CC student or employee and cannot access one or more of the Library's licensed databases listed on this page from off-campus, try these troubleshooting tips for possible solutions:
1. The Library's databases and other online resources are available to you only from the Library Databases page and course libguides. This is because the Library's computer network must verify you as a current Edmonds CC student or employee.
2. All Online Library Resources require your Student or Staff ID (SID) number for login (except for CollegeSource Online which is not available from off-campus). Be sure you are typing your login information correctly. (See above for login directions.)
3. If you have entered your information correctly and still cannot access the Library Databases, please contact the Help Desk at 425-640-1234 to confirm your campus login credentials.
4. Firewall software protects your computer from hackers and viruses. Unfortunately firewalls can also block some types of web access in the process of maintaining a high level of security. Your firewall or other anti-virus systems must be set to allow the databases access to your computer. To find out how to do this, contact the tech support service for your anti-virus company.
5. A cookie is a packet of information that allows the Online Resource to identify you as a current Edmonds CC student or employee each time you access the Resource. Your computer must be set up to accept "cookies" as this is a requirement for the off-campus access process.
If your computer does not accept cookies, you will need to set it so that it will permit cookies to be placed on your computer. You can sometimes do this through the "Preferences" or "Internet Options" link on your browser (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.). Use the Help section of your browser or search the internet for instructions.
If your computer does accept cookies, you may have some existing cookies that are interfering with the login process. One solution may be to delete all your cookies, close your browser and then re-open it and try again.
6. Some Internet Service Providers (the company you use for Internet access) may have a customized version of the Internet Explorer browser or other restrictions that cause difficulties accessing Online Library Resources. We suggest you contact your Internet Service Provider for information on their security settings.
If none of these options work for you, you may contact us 425-640-1472, and we can test your login information and try some internal troubleshooting for you.
PLEASE NOTE: The Library can only resolve problems within the Library computer system. We cannot resolve problems with personal computers and Internet Service Providers.
Library Reference Desk: 425.640.1472 | Chat online: Ask-a-Librarian